COVID-19 Industry Information
Both the Federal and State Governments have released stimulus packages to support businesses during this time. For more information:
- SA Government has put together a COVID-19 portal where you can find the latest coronavirus news, updates and advice from the South Australian Government.
- Polaris Business and Innovation Centre provides business support services to help you navigate starting and growing your business. The team can also provide support to assist you respond to the Coronavirus.
- For the latest information on the JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme, visit the Australian Tax Office
- COVID-19 Disaster Payment, information regarding lump sum payment available for businesses and workers during shut down, click here
- View State Government support for business.
- View Commonwealth Government support for business.
- The Commonwealth Government's business Infoline is available if you need to discuss your situation: Call on 13 28 46 (7 days a week – 7am to 11pm AEST).
- The SA Government’s Department of Treasury website has details including measures relating to payroll and land tax.
- The Federal Treasury website provides information on support packages for small business.
- The Australian Taxation Office website which provides key information on the implementation and ways to access of a number of the Federal Government support packages.
- Another ATO website which provides details of the new $130 million package to support employees through their employer.
- The Fair Work Ombudsman can provide information in relation to industrial relations matters.
- Office of the Small Business Commissioner - can offer you assistance with business to business disputes, retail and commercial leasing and provide you with information and material in relation to starting your small business.
- Small Business Commissioner's Navigating Your Business Through the Covid-19 Pandemic provides webinar and slides of an event on 23 March 2020.
- Business SA's has COVID-19 resources for business.
- CPA Australia has COVID-19 Business advice.
- The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has the latest information on the rights and obligations of small business in response to events caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Australian Government Jobs Hub – In this ever changing environment, the Australian Government is supporting businesses and those Australians looking for work, through a centralised Jobs Hub. If you are a business with bulk opportunities available, register to have these added to the database. If you are looking for work, search the opportunities available in SA.
- Beyond Blue have issued some timely advice for small business owners, sharing strategies for managing your mental health through COVID-19.
- The Australian Chamber's Government Assistance Guide – a comprehensive guide providing business owners with an overview of the financial support packages available to those who have been impacted upon by the pandemic.
- City of Salisbury Business Recovery and Support measures.
- View Commonwealth Government COVID-19 portal for the latest coronavirus news, updates and advice from government agencies across Australia
If you are running a fitness business, Fitness Australia has a COVID-19 and the Workplace full reference guide that can help you stay up-to-date with current restrictions and advice for your industry. For South Australian-specific requirements, see SA Health.
You can also learn more about the government's free COVID-19 Infection Control Training.
Restaurant and Catering Association
The Restaurant and Catering Association has created a dedicated Coronavirus Information Hub to provide businesses with specific information and resources for your industry. Get the latest health federal and state government health alerts, fact sheets and templates, information on trading restrictions and more here.